Since 2015, SSLM has offered a Continuing Education Program (CEP), a curriculum for those who have already attended the school and wish to further enhance their knowledge of Russian Orthodox liturgical music.
CEP consists of several Special Topics seminars offered by SSLM faculty on a rotating basis over one week every summer and is open to:
- a) graduates of SSLM and
- b) those of our former students who are currently serving as choir conductors, singers and/or readers in their individual parishes
This year, we are pleased to offer the Continuing Education Program from July 17-22.
In 2017, SSLM offers the following Special Topics (details coming soon):
- Special Topics in Church Slavonic: Individualized Language Learning (with Elena Nelson)
- Special Topics in Liturgics/Typicon: "From Cradle to Grave with
the Choir Director," or, Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals (with Aleksandr Andreev)
- Special Topics in History of Russian Church Music: The Legacy of Johann v. Gardner, with Elena Perekrestova
The 2017 CEP package also includes:
- One individual voice lesson and one group voice lessons with Lyubov Temnova
- One individual conducting lesson with SSLM faculty
- Consultations with CEP Lead Faculty Aleksei Shipovalnikov on topics of interest to the individual students. All other SSLM faculty are also available for consultation on an ad hoc basis, their schedules permitting.
The 2017 CEP schedule will be be announced in the coming days.
CEP students are encouraged to participate in the regular program’s choir and to engage with the spiritual life of Holy Trinity Monastery. The course load is substantially lighter than the regular program, and provides an opportunity for CEP students to immerse themselves in the school’s unique atmosphere while growing professionally and spiritually at their own pace.
The cost of the 2017 CEP package is $500, and includes tuition and full room and board for one week.
FOR EXAMPLES OF CEP COURSE OFFERINGS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS, CLICK HERE
See the 2016 CEP schedule here: