This year, we are pleased to offer the Continuing Education Program from July 23-28, 2018.
As always, we offer several Special Topics, across a variety of fields related to Russian liturgical music. This year's Special Topics include:
- ST in Liturgics: Poetics and History of Podobny, with Aleksandr Andreev
- ST in Liturgical Performance Practice: Singing Podobny (with Aleksei Shipovalnikov)
- ST in History of Russian Church Music: Johann von Gardner as Inspiration for Church Musicians (with Matushka Elena Perekrestov)
This year for the first time the CEP session will include a PRACTICUM, in which students will prepare liturgical services for a particular day, under the supervision of SSLM faculty.
In addition to the Special Topics and Practicum the 2018 CEP package also includes:
- One individual voice lesson with Laryssa Doohovskoy. CEP students may also attend the Core Program's group Voice Class if they wish to.
- One individual conducting lesson with SSLM faculty
- (Optional) Tutorial reviews in Church Slavonic with Elena Nelson
- Consultations with CEP Lead Faculty Aleksei Shipovalnikov on topics of interest to the individual students. All other SSLM faculty are also available for consultation on an ad hoc basis, their schedules permitting.
The 2018 CEP schedule will be be announced in advance of the session and will be available for download online.
CEP students are encouraged to participate in the regular program’s choir and to engage with the spiritual life of Holy Trinity Monastery. The course load is substantially lighter than the regular program, and provides an opportunity for CEP students to immerse themselves in the school’s unique atmosphere while growing professionally and spiritually at their own pace.
The cost of the 2018 CEP package is $500, and includes tuition and full room and board for one week.
FOR EXAMPLES OF CEP COURSE OFFERINGS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS, CLICK HERE
See a sample CEP schedule here:
Since 2015, SSLM has offered a Continuing Education Program (CEP), a curriculum for those who have already attended the school and wish to further enhance their knowledge of Russian Orthodox liturgical music.
CEP consists of several Special Topics seminars offered by SSLM faculty on a rotating basis over one week every summer and is open to:
- a) graduates of SSLM and
- b) those of our former students who are currently serving as choir conductors, singers and/or readers in their individual parishes